WSA events are often held in partnership with our sponsors and local music venues. We will be producing events in cities across the United States, so keeping track of the dates and locations are important. View our website calendar or social media accounts for updates.
If you’re interested in expanding your knowledge or impact, you’re invited to join us for one of our writing sessions in a city near you! Check out some of our current writing sessions
• Live Radio is a monthly networking event held in all our affiliate markets. It allows producers, singers and songwriters of all genres to both network and play their record to a live audience of peers. The forum serves as the perfect opportunity to introduce artist brands and establish that “Your Music is Your Business Card.”
• Pressure is an “invite only” two-day songwriter boot camp. Producers and writers are selected from the Live Radio meet-and-greet and invited to participate. Each participant is matched with another writer to create an original song. During this process, the writers work directly with Kevin Shine, nationally recognized Executive A&R Consultant who worked with R. Kelly, Kim Burrell and Jacob Latimore. This is a test that evaluates how writers make decisions to complete a song and challenges their mental focus, more so than creative focus.
• In the Studio/Placements is an opportunity for the best writers from the Pressure boot camp to participate in a brief meeting and possibly work with an established songwriter or producer. During this meeting, the writer presents their catalog and the producer reserves the right to work with them and possibly assign records. Placements is a meeting, based on the readiness of the music, between an Executive (record/publishing) and our Boot Camp participants and/or Special Invites. This is the final part of the process connecting writers with obtaining placement opportunities that showcase exceptional skills as well as establishing a relationship with the WSA movement. The placements may include music/lyrics for established artists, film, television or commercials.
• Music Biz Member Workshop is a two-day workshop that gives members an in-depth class on aspects of the music business such as: Legal, Radio, Marketing, Licensing, and Distribution.
• Live Radio Songwriter Showcase is a monthly mixer hosted every fourth Thursday and showcases quality music from singers, songwriters, and producers from around the country. Singer-songwriters are invited and selected to showcase their music. The mixer provides a unique platform and creates an environment by which aspiring talent has an opportunity to mix, mingle, establish and develop vibrant relationships with their peers and music industry professionals while furthering their knowledge about music excellence, education and business opportunities available in the music and entertainment business.
• WSA Icon Awards is a premiere event held in May and October that gives us all a chance to celebrate music icons. During this red carpet event, we honor music industry professionals who contribute to both the community and music industry. These individuals showcase pioneering efforts, commitment to excellence and a trailblazing spirit. WSAATL is building a legacy of music excellence. Attendees are inspired to get back to caring about the music while understanding the business process. The Icon Awards caters to notable industry insiders, media tastemakers and aspiring singers/songwriters. Some of our past honorees include: “Blac Elvis” Williams, Brian Michael Cox, DJ Rogers Jr., “KP” Prather, Denise Brown, Gordon Chambers, Jamie Foster Brown, Manuel Seal, Troy Taylor, Alvin and Calvin Waters.
• Unplugged Singer-Songwriter Retreat is held annually. The three-day conference provides the ultimate opportunity for participants to gain a wealth of industry knowledge crucial to their business success. Panelists and guest speakers will create a platform to provide the singers and songwriters from all over the country that will be attendance attendees with the necessary tools needed to maximize their resources, build a better business model, and define their individual marquee while working together with others. This year, it will be held October 26th – 29th in Atlanta, Georgia. Tickets can be purchased at: http://wsaatlcom.ticketleap.com/TurnTheMusicUp. Early registration lasts until August 1st. $150 will cover the cost of your membership and conference ticket. After August 1st, the cost will increase to $200. Registration on or after October 27th will increase at the door.
We invite music industry elite to share their expert knowledge in our Master Class sessions. Attendees get to interact directly with the guest hosts while gaining specialized knowledge and insight.
var width=jQuery( '.wpsm_panel .wpsm_panel-body iframe' ).width();
var height=jQuery( '.wpsm_panel .wpsm_panel-body iframe' ).height();
var toggleSize = true;
width: toggleSize ? width : 640,
height: toggleSize ? height : 360
toggleSize = !toggleSize;